The primary focus for the role is to transform development processes for existing applications software development into a Continuous Delivery-driven SDLC, influencing and educating development/QA teams to adjust working practices in alignment with modern software development and delivery approaches (CI, CD, AWS). As a part of a DevOps team, the role is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining automation processes needed to build and deploy software components in AWS cloud.
The role also assumes small degree of incident management for any issue at any stage of the software development life cycle.
- Software delivery automation (CD, CI)
- Promotion and evangelization of DevOps best practices (CI, CD, automated testing, branching strategy, decoupling, etc…)
- Simplification and improvement of software delivery/release processes
- Support cloud-based solutions by building and managing infrastructures in AWS
- Participate in services and software systems design
- Monitor and fix issues identified or reported
- Minor development for internal services and automation needs
- Interactions with development teams for task scheduling, clarification, and implementation
- Participate in production incident resolution
- BSc/MSc degree in the field of computer science is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a DevOps supporting development teams
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, patching, releases and software development at scale, Continuous Integration and Delivery approaches
- Theoretical and practical skills in Web-environments based on Java technologies, e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, Jboss
- Strong scripting skills in one or any combination of bash, python, perl, ruby
- Strong knowledge of cloud providers offering, AWS in particular and tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Good knowledge of a software delivery orchestration tool like Spinnaker, GoCD, Jenkins Pipelines, Nolio, IBM -UberCode and CM software like Ansible, Chef or Packer.
- Good written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills including; change management documentation, ability to communicate among technical and non-technical employees, and process orientation skills
- Effective time management skills; able to set prioritized and be flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to report and work accurately and according to agreed timelines
- Ability to identify problems, root causes and apply solutions proactively
- Confident, outgoing personality
Go to all jobs