San Francisco, CA
The candidate must be comfortable working in an Agile environment, have a “can-do” attitude, work well in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision, and mentor others. An ideal candidate should be a self-starter, quick learner and a great team player. This candidate will be responsible for reviewing requirements, design, implementation, and unit testing. Ability to evaluate, analyze and resolve complex technical problems. Part of the Backend Harvester team developing Big Data software solutions for the Brand Protection Business. Enjoy solving complex problems; healthy design discussion and most of all have fun while working hard!
- The candidate will work as part of a team to review business requirements.
- Design and implement server-side technology for scalable crawling, parsing, and analysis
- Debugging and profiling to isolate mission-critical issues
- Conduct application design and code reviews
- Own and take pride in code quality and delivery
- Work with other engineers and senior engineers in the team to design and implement product stories
- Work with other teams to understand resolve issues, align dependencies
- Work in a fast-paced, highly visible environment
- 6+ years of Software development experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Core Java
- Very Strong Problem-solving skills and algorithm knowledge
- Experience in Java threading and concurrency
- Exposure to applications handling large volume of data while delivering high performance.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently;
- Possess exceptional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Working experience in Data extraction / Parsing, NLP
- Experience in developing scalable distributed applications using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, storm, spark etc.
- Knowledge of distributed databases like Cassandra
- Experience in Elastic search, Solr, ELK
- Crawling, searching, indexing experience
- Machine learning and Data Science
- Experience developing microservices, docker applications
Go to all jobs